PTX - Global Network Language Analyst III (Chinese-Mandarin)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Global Network Language Analyst III.
The Global Network Language Analyst performs tasks required to exploit communications in the computer network domain and process associated voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT and/or national threat operations.
The Global Network Language Analyst shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic skills:
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of twelve (12) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, computer network operations, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- In lieu of the bachelor’s degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of sixteen (16) years' experience.
- At least six (6) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing.
- At least six (6) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in Cryptologic Operations language processing.
- For at least three (3) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s), translating and/or transcribing, and gisting shall be the primary duties.
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of ILR level 3 audio translations and/or text translations.
- At least five (5) years' experience performing language processing in Computer Network Operations.
- For no more than three (3) of the required twelve (12) years of experience, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- Two (2) of the twelve (12) years' experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission.
- Two (2) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within four (4) years of resume submission.
- One (1) of the five (5) years of CNO experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Acceptable Experience for Global Network Language Analyst III:
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower-level tasks and the following tasks constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: performing quality control of gists, translations and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the lower-level tasks constitutes acceptable Computer Network Operations (CNO) experience.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience: Within Cryptologic Operations: target development; network analysis; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
Fort Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.