Network Interface Manager - Junior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Network Interface Manager to join our team.
Performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice, and Video) requirements, designs, and recommends to the Government hardware solutions to orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and data flow performance
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test, and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and methodologies
- Provide input to the design of the network mission architecture, and network infrastructure
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements.
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN's, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice of IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Mediial over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT)
- Implement and support networks for cluster, highly available servers/projects
Education / Experience:
- B.S. Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Info Management + 5 years Network engineering experience OR
- H.S. + 12 years network engineering experience
- 3 years with LAN switches and routers
- IAT Level 2 (or higher) Certification
- Desired: 1 year using CM tools like GIT, Confluence, Redmine
- Desired: Ability to run Security Scans on network components
- Desired: Ability to provide documentation for sercurity accreditation
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.