FC - Information System Security Officer I
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for an ISSO to join our team.
Provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program. Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies. Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system. Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information. Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to the system and assesses the security impact of those changes. Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A).
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Develop system security policy and ensure compliance
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations of the system
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism o the Information System (IS)
- Perform systems security Scans and coordinate with the support team on addressing security issues
- Scan new product releases for classification or distribution issues
- Track security-related patches to the Operating System and external products (FOSS, COTS)
Education / Experience:
- B.S. Computer Science or related + 5 years ISSO experience OR
- H.S. + 9 years ISSO experience
- Experience must include one of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security, communication protocols, encrytion.
- 2 years experience in Linus, Unix, Windows, or Cicso OS
- IAM Level 2 (or higher) Certification
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer. Zavda provides the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support to national security missions. Zavda prides itself on its continued professional growth and is always looking for qualified candidates to contribute to this upwards trend. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information on our company!