Information System Security Engineer 1
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for an Information System Security Engineer to perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. Validate and verify system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs. Designs, develops, implements, and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave, and with differing data protection/classification requirements. Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments. Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions. Supports the building of security architectures. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification, and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content. Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross-domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control): and security testing. Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
- Participates as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Participates as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
- Participates as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Participates as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
- Supports the government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architecture.
- Applies knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environment.
- Supports security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
- Identifies overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
- Interacts with the customer and other project team members.
- 7 years ISSE experience on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of additional ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.