Translator – Japanese
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading Linguistic services, IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Japanese Translator to support the National Media Exploitation Center requirements.
Provide translation services supporting language requirements for CJCS, JCS, OSD, DIA, and the COCOM J2s. Responsibilities include translating written, electronic, audio, and multi-media material to and from English and a target foreign language; and occasionally interpreting oral communication to and from English and a target language.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher and 5 Years of Translation Experience (Bachelor’s Degree can be waived with additional Translation Experience)
- Demonstrated translation experience in at least one specialized domain.
- Strong online and general research skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both orally and in written correspondence.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. Intelligence Community and/or military service
Language Proficiency Requirements:
- Target Language Proficiency Level of ILR or DLPT 3/3
- Translation Proficiency from Target Language to English of ILR 3
- Test scores must be current within previous 18-month period. If recent test scores cannot be provided, language proficiency testing will be required to qualify.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.