System Administrator - Senior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Administrator to provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements and updates to improve reliability, security, and performance.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning,
- Provide configuration management, implementation, and sustainment of compliance with applicable system security controls.
- Perform periodic vulnerability scans of systems.
- Perform account management, e.g. establishing, activating, modifying, disabling, and removing accounts.
- Implement IAVA security patches and ensure patch status is recorded in appropriate systems of record.
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and install/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain the integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Information System Owner (ISO) regarding system changes as part of the Change and Configuration Management Process.
- Support the ISO by completing required milestones of Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M) as directed and coordinate completion status with the ISSO to reflect status within the Source System of Record for Security Authorizations.
- Ensure IT Assets remain compliant with Identity & Access Control Management (ICAM) policy.
Education / Experience:
- Ten (10) years of experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.