Data Scientist - Junior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Data Scientist who will develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon a final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning.
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.G. SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs).
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing.
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes.
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, mathematics, operations research, engineering, or computer science).
- One year of experience analyzing datasets and developing analytics.
- One year of experience programming with data analysis software such as R, Python, SAS, or MATLAB.
- Experience in software development, cloud development, analyzing datasets, or developing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics preferred.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.