System Engineer - Intermediate
RedHat Systems Administrator
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer to join our team.
- Manage, build, and troubleshoot servers using LINUX Operating Systems.
- Maintain and build RED HAT and other Linux servers.
- Perform administrative operations and maintenance functions of server hardware and software using RED HAT and other Linux operating systems.
- Maintains system security and executes common practices and procedures; monitors usage statistics and logs; monitors and remedies attempt to penetrate or corrupt server files.
- Maintains baseline configurations and performs modification of configuration settings.
- Institutes troubleshooting and incident response procedures.
- Troubleshoots system related problems.
- Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators.
- Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline, and performance evaluation of assigned employees.
- Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications.
- Recommends future direction or projects to management.
- Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
- Candidate shall have appropriate certification in compliance with the requirements of the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level II. Security+ or higher cert required upon submission.
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, candidate must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- The candidate must be experienced in Linux Server administration, primarily RED HAT.
- Has experience with Storage and Virtualization.
- Experience with the Windows operating system and McAfee is recommended but not required.
- Competent to work at a high technical level on all phases of systems engineering activities.
- Good communication skills, shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through.
- Anticipates questions and is prepared with answers.
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work.
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- IAT Level II (i.e. Security+CE) certification required
Education / Experience:
- 1 year of related experience
- RHCSA certification or equivalent preferred
- ITIL v3 certification preferred
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.