System Engineer - Intermediate
Digital Services – Network Engineer
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer to bring specialized skills and focus on technical aspects of vendor data center network architecture and operations. The engineer will work daily alongside engineering staff at the site to become thoroughly familiar with unique processes and requirements relative to the DOD-specific configurations and challenges. Engineers will assist in the overall performance, deployment, and maintenance of the global data center network environment. Engineer will work alongside fellow engineering team members to mentor, knowledge share, and develop new DCN solutions.
- Analyzing network configuration
- Assisting with network inventory tracking and management to support the network
- Reviews PCAP data for network troubleshooting and optimization
- Troubleshooting the network and supporting operations
- Developing network and equipment operating procedures
- Evaluating technical specifications for interoperability
- Perform Service benchmarking
- Assisting in the ongoing definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the network and services.
- Design/implement/migrate new application delivery solutions and web technologies
- Collaborate w/project manager and frameworks to coordinate/maintain a schedule
- Keep project stakeholders abreast of updates and issues
- Cultivate industry/solution provider certifications as needed
- Perform regular system maintenance in support of IAVA vulnerabilities/CCRI compliance/code upgrades
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
- Network experience with TCP/IP, PCAP, Layer 2/3 networking, SSL, HTTP
- Familiarity with STE/STN and CCRI compliance
- Ability to communicate and collaborate in a team setting
- Experience working in cloud (private/hybrid) environments, especially Azure
- Experience in designing/deploying/implementing web protections, proxy, and application delivery solutions
- Experience supporting F5 and Bluecoat products
- The candidate shall have appropriate certification in compliance with the requirements of the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level II. Security+ or higher cert required upon submission.
Education / Experience:
- 4 years experience plus bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Security+ certification required; acceptable: CCNA Security
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.