Apply For this position:
To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Test Engineer to support W&SP by performing end to end test validation for several products and components primarily testing the data layer and dataflows. Additional test validation may include RESTFful services and User Interfaces
· Develop and maintain test plans, procedures and reports necessary to conduct integration and test activities.
· Development and maintenance of automated tests via script generation, Selenium, etc. Conduct test activities such as regression, security and stress testing to measure system performance.
· Assess or generate system requirements, acceptance criteria and generate detailed defects.
· Work closely with development teams to gain an in-depth level of understanding of the applications, the applications deployment process and troubleshoot defects.
· Troubleshoot and provide support to end users and or external applications.
· The candidate will prepare detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
· Applications generally deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
· Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
· Experienced in complex data validation, data flow, data parser and hands on database testing (Postgres preferred).
· Experienced in test data generation
· Knowledge and experience in automated test generation
· Knowledge and experience of RESTful web service testing including the use of Poster/RESTClient or similar
· Experienced with Linux OS as well as bash/sh scripts
· Test plan, procedure, report generation and maintenance
· Understand and perform exploratory testing Identify, verify and report defects; perform root cause analysis by inspecting application logs and through use of browser developer tools, etc.
· Ability to troubleshoot defects, user issues and connectivity issues
· Ability to work well in an independent and team environment
· Flexibility and ability to complete tasks in fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
• Rest Assured
• Selenium Web Driver (Java for TestNG)
• Apache Tomcat
• Jira or Similar
Qualifications and Desired Education:
· Ability to work in a cross team environment
· Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
· Integration with MongoDB
· Integration with PostgreSQL
· A minimum of seven (7) years experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
· Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
· Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
· A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience. A Masters degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.