Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Senior System Engineer/Admin who will apply in-depth knowledge of system engineering and system administration who will assist in advancing our team.
- Apply in-depth knowledge and experience with Windows desktop, operating systems, and Linux (RedHat, CentOS)
- Design, deploy and administer virtualized platforms
- Work with VMWare, Active Directory, Group policy, DHCP, shared storage and databases
- Provide software and hardware configuration management
- Provide systems design analysis and consultation
- Assess and troubleshoot system outages
- Provide Systems Security compliance (accreditation and certification)
- Create automated processes via scripting (e.g. Python, Powershell, etc.)
- Provide patch management and deployment
- Build, install and configure infrastructure related software such as DNS, McAfee EPO Servers, CENTRIFY, LDAP
- Responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Shall have a minimum of thirteen (13) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance, and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
Desired: Preferred Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience
- Prepare detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
- Applications generally deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines, and other control modules.
- Competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- A deeper understanding on how various components interact
- The ability to troubleshoot higher-level problems
- The ability to resolve complex technical issues where documentation is either lacking or non-existent
- Experience with BigFix
- Ability to use MS Office
- Ability to use a PC
- Analytical or critical thinking skills
- Interpersonal & people skills
- Leadership skills
- Listening skills
- Multi-tasking ability
- Oral & written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Repetitive motions
- Sedentary work
- Working with data
- Ability to handle stress & work under pressure
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.