TCW - Cyber Defense Analyst I
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Cyber Defense Analyst.
The Cyber Defense Analyst uses information collected from a variety of sources to monitor network activity and analyze it for evidence of anomalous behavior. Identifies, triages, and reports events that occur in order to protect data, information systems, and infrastructure. Finds trends, patterns, or anomaly correlations utilizing security-relevant data. Recommends proactive security measures. Conducts analysis to isolate indicators of compromise. Notify designated managers, cyber incident responders, and cybersecurity service provider team member of suspected cyber incidents and articulate the event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action in accordance with the organization’s cyber incident response plan.
- Use cyber defense tools to monitor, detect, analyze, categorize, and perform initial triage of anomalous activity.
- Generate cybersecurity cases (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) and route as appropriate.
- Leverage knowledge of commonly used network protocols and detection methods to defend against related abuses.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
Education / Experience:
- No demonstrated experience is required.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Analyst baseline certification. (ie- CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNS-Security, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER, PenTest+). Any of the listed certs meet this requirement.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification. (ie- A+, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, or Security+). Any of the listed certs meet this requirement.
- Computing Environment (CE) certification.
Equivalent: The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications
Work Schedule: 12-hour shifts, on a Panama Shift Cycle (some nights and weekends will be required)
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.