Systems Administrator / Computer Technician (AK)
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Job Description: Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Systems Administrator / Computer Technician to join our team.
- Follow a morning routine of checking network servers, classroom computers, and Smartboards for hardware, software, and connectivity issues.
- Create Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes. Enable student and visitor accounts upon request. Remove terminated staff accounts and mailboxes upon request.
- Troubleshoot major network connectivity issues and virus infestations. Notify and provide resolution recommendations to the supervisor.
- Fix various computer issues relating to sound, scanning, mice, keyboards, thumb drives, monitors, printing, and network connectivity on a daily basis.
- Prepare classroom and lab computers, and Smartboards for the next class cycle. Duties include updating software, scanning for viruses, removing students’ local and server profiles, deleting student directories and files in their U: drive, defragging hard drives, resetting student accounts to the default password, calibrating Smartboards, and resolving any classroom/lab issues mentioned by staff.
- Submit Help Desk tickets to resolve printer error messages and for computer hardware issues.
- Install images on computers using an external hard drive or imaging platforms such as Clonezilla for Windows systems and JSS Casper for MacOS systems. Apply upgrades and updates to Apple iPads through Configurator and over-the-air enrollment to DEP. Install post-installation updates and add the computer back onto the network. Create new images for new computer models.
- Assist Instructors in using application software. Update computer applications and operating system software on local machines.
- Resolve various login issues, such as those relating to passwords, user ID, incorrect domain, network connectivity, and hardware.
- Add, delete, or update computer inventory in the database when equipment is moved, disposed, or transferred out of the building.
- Restore files and directories from backup.
Education / Experience:
- Security+ (Sec+) certification
- At least 3 years of IT experience providing desktop support.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft servers, PC operating systems, MacOS operating systems, and iOS operating systems is desirable.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.