Topeka – Network Administrator I
Apply For This Position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Certification: Security+ (Sec+)
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is currently looking for a Network Administrator.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including systems and applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and other network/system problems
- Replace faulty network hardware components when required
- Maintain, configure, and monitor virus protection and patching
- Design, configure and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software in a Windows environment
- Vulnerability scanning, system hardening, monthly patches, controls, plugins knowledge
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure protocols and network hardware
- Ability to configure firewalls, implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices
- Knowledge of wireless access points, routers, switches, controllers, LAN, and WAN experience
- At least 2 years of IT experience.
- Experience with Aruba, Cisco, Palo Alto, Intermapper applications/licenses a plus
- Ability to multi-task, meet deliverables on time, excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with members of the team and the customer staff
- Works independently but comfortable working in a team environment
- A self-starter able to continuously look to improve methods and procedures
- Ability to work smarter (i.e., script repetitive duties, run jobs in off hours)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Dependable and flexible when necessary
- Network security experience
- Work may require handling of network devices weighing up to 30 lbs
- Net+ and CCNA a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!