Database Administrator - Intermediate
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Database Administrator to maintain the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Maintains the integrity, security, and availability of database(s).
- Administers, maintains, and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Establishes and maintains database user accounts.
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Develops policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s).
- Evaluates requirements and recommends available DBMS products.
- Performs database and software life-cycles activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability.
- Provides server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE.
- Supports data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations.
- Directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database.
- Coordinates database architecture changes with database engineers.
- Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views.
- Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
Education / Experience:
- Ten (10) years experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Fur (4) years of additional database administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.