RR – Farsi Language Instructor I
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Language Instructor.
The Language Instructor shall develop and deliver Beginner/Introductory (Level 1000) language training based on customer requirements using a variety of techniques including face-to-face, online, distance, synchronous, asynchronous, and self-paced instruction. Employs blended learning techniques to include a combination of learning tools, lectures, classroom discussions, team exercises, readings, case studies, role plays, and demonstrations of required skills through work-related tasks. Develops and delivers ISO-immersions, language-related and Area Studies courses. Uses appropriate contemporary authentic material and courseware development technology. Develops and conducts diagnostic assessments. Collaborates on teaching and development teams as required. Acts as a mentor of less-experienced instructors.
All Language Instructors shall have:
- Familiarity with the purpose of classroom assessments, characteristics of good classroom tests (validity, reliability, and practicality) and their significance in test design, and the appropriate uses of different test item types
- Five years experience delivering listening and reading comprehension exercises/activities using authentic audio files and graphic texts.
- Five years experience employing teaching strategies for decoding spoken and written tests.
- Five (5) years experience delivering online language learning via an LMS such as Blackboard, both completely online and in blended (online/in-person) offerings.
- Five (5) years experience with the three types of Content-Based Instruction (CBI): themed, shelter and adjunct; be able to determine which CBI model works best for intermediate and advanced learning courses; and have experience developing materials and courses which support these two types of instruction.
- Familiar with project-based learning and project creation (the former is a learning experience that encourages critical thinking while the latter does not necessarily enable the students to develop or apply their analytical skills) and have experience delivering project-based language learning courses.
- Six (6) months experience using appropriate language fonts, keyboards, and language training software.
For Teaching English:
- The Instructor shall have an IL proficiency level 4 in English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 4 in reading, writing, speaking and listening in English
For Cryptologic English as a Second Language (CESL) Instructors:
- The Instructor shall have a minimum IL proficiency level 4 in English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 4 in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
For teaching languages other than English:
- The Instructor shall have a minimum IL proficiency level 4 in reading, listening and speaking in the standard form of the language to be taught and a minimum ILR proficiency level 2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening in English - OR - the Instructor shall have a minimum IL proficiency level 4 in American English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 3 in reading, writing, speaking and listening in the standard form of the language
- High School diploma or equivalent and course credit toward a college degree
- Five (5) years of experience in adult language education and methodology, to include:
- Experience preparing and presenting face-t-face language instruction within a formal language environment, preferably with a focus on translation, grammar, listening and reading comprehension, speaking and writing
- Experience preparing and presenting curseware for synchronous or asynchronous delivery
- Experience with transcriptin is preferred.
Available Job Locations:
Note: Part Time On Call Position
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer. Zavda provides the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support to national security missions. Zavda prides itself on its continued professional growth and is always looking for qualified candidates to contribute to this upwards trend. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information on our company!