Cryptologic Language Training Developer - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Cryptologic Language Training Developer to develop language materials/content to mirror language analyst tasks and update existing materials to meet NSA/CSS language training requirements. Use blended learning techniques which may include a combination of eLearning tools, video and audio exercises, readings, case studies, and demonstrations of required skills through work-related tasks in accordance with Government guidance.
- Clarify and document customer operational requirements, training objectives and language levels of materials.
- Assist in the prioritization of requirements for training development.
- Research and leverage classified and unclassified domain-specific language resources for relevant, authentic language content.
- Develop training materials to include transcription, translation, and analysis of operational, task-based exercises.
- Collaborate with language instructors and other Government and Contractor developers in the design, development and documentation of language and domain-specific training materials.
- Employ technology (ex. Audacity, Adobe C5S, Adobe Premier) in developing training materials for language learning that combines blended delivery modes such as online, distance, asynchronous eLearning technology and self-paced instruction.
- Collaborate with SIGINT Operations technical experts as well as other Government and Contractor instructors and developers to obtain and develop language materials.
- Develop practical evaluations to test the student’s mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives.
- Identify and recommend learning applications and tools that enhance training delivery.
- Team with other Government and contract language instructors and developers.
- Provide technical guidance for the design, development, and delivery of technology-mediated learning activities and content for Government approval.
- Design and develop practical evaluation methods to test the student’s mastery of the learning and/or performance objectives.
- Aggregate and analyze customer and student feedback and other metrics regarding the success of training.
- Review new and existing materials, and training documentation to ensure they meet sound ISO principles and NCS guidelines and standards; provide written feedback with recommendations and proposed changes to the Government; develop and implement solutions to fix deficiencies.
- Meet skill level requirements for Microsoft Outlook Level I, PowerPoint Level I and Word Level I
- One year experience using digital audio tools such as Audacity or Sound Forge.
Education / Experience:
- Master’s Degree in language, Area Studies, Education, Education Technology, ISO or other directly related discipline.
- A speaker with native capability and a minimum ILR proficiency level 4 in reading, listening and speaking in the standard form of the language to be taught and a minimum ILR proficiency level 2 in reading, writing, speaking and listening in English – OR – a speaker with native capability in English and a minimum ILR proficiency level 3 in reading and listening in the standard form of the language to be taught. Skill levels must be documented within the last 3 year.
- Eight (8) years SIGINT or Intelligence Community combined experience as a language analyst and/or language instructor.
- Or the eight (8) years’ experience, three (3) of those years, must be within the last ten (10) years and must be in applied practical work experience developing, documenting and/or updating basic, intermediate, and advanced language training materials following and principles of ISD.
- In lieu of the relevant Master’s Degree: a minimum of six (6) additional years of applied, practical experience in the language education, instructional design or language analysis fields for a total of fourteen (14) years’ experience – OR – a B.A./B.S. and an additional two (2) years’ experience in the language education, instructional design or language analysis fields for a total of ten (10) years may be substituted.
- One year experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts, keyboards, and computer software.
- Three (3) years’ experience, within the last ten (10) years, in synchronous and asynchronous instructional systems design and in the development of skills-based instruction to adults to include using web-based or distance learning teaching technologies (e.g. Centra, Blackboard, Questionmark, SumTotal).
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.