Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Network Engineer to become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
- Provides Tier III remote and on-site network engineering support to a globally distributed services team.
- Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Implements Campus Area Network (CAN) system installation, operation, and maintenance to support the 24x7 distributed functionality of a heterogeneous networked enterprise environment with Cisco, Ruckus/Brocade, and Juniper switchgear.
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all complex CAN hardware/software system components to include requirements elicitation, analysis, and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, updating and developing system Visio drawings, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management, as well as end-to-end network, flow analysis.
- Work with project leads and vendors to assess requirements and develop Bill of Materials (BOMs) and Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
- Analyzes network characteristics - e.g., transmission speeds, packet sizes, bandwidth, throughput, latency, capacity, and availability. Troubleshoots problems and recommends modification of network configurations and Service Level Availability (SLAs).
- Provide support to network-related system and component level Trade-Off Analysis, & Analysis of Alternatives, and contributes to customer presentations with results and recommendations.
- Performs engineering services to enable all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex network issues.
- Performs site surveys, installation, refresh, and modernization of network components and related services, remotely and on-site.
- Integrate, configure, deploy, test, and maintain Campus Area Networks (CANs), with knowledge of numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and technologies to include SD-WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, wired and wireless, VSS, Data Center Networks/Interfaces (DCN/DCI), Network Security (NETSEC), BGP and OSPF routing protocols.
- Prefer some experience with enterprise Network Performance Monitoring & Diagnostic tools such as DNA Center, NNMi, Network Operations Management, Network Automation, Splunk, and Riverbed.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
- Working with Data
- Move about freely in a laboratory setting
- Repetitive Motions
- 10 years experience in Network Engineering + B.S. in Engineering
- 14 years experience with no degree
- IAT Level 2 certification (CCNP or equivalent is required)
- Must be able to support 20% travel
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.