Network Security Engineer - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Network Security Engineer to be responsible for designing and integrating various functions of network and telecommunications equipment into functional systems using international, U.S., and military standards. Documenting equipment layout, taking into account power, cooling, security and functionality. Performing end-to-end systems testing. Understanding and integrating NSA serial and IP encryptions into networks and systems. Understanding emerging telecommunications trends and technologies and implementing new technologies as appropriate. Integrating appropriate installation hardware such as equipment racks and necessary cabling.
- Conduct site surveys for IT installations.
- Consult, task, or coordinate with outside organizations to resolve network, system, server, or other problems.
- Identify and select IT products, tools, services, and infrastructure components.
- Install hardware and/or software components into computer systems or networks and customize as necessary.
- Maintain computer system or network hardware or software.
- Manage, monitor, and control networks (includes security, fault management, configuration, performance, and accounting of computer systems, processes, and networks).
- Troubleshoot networks, computers, and peripheral devices in order to isolate the causes of failures or problems.
- Validate testing and quality assurance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
- Analyze problems to determine technical solutions.
- Decide what architectures will be required to solve technical problems.
- Decide what procedures will be required to solve technical problems
- Develop functional, operational, or user requirements.
- Develop solution designs.
- Identify new and existing products, technologies, and/or architectures to solve design, development, and operational problems.
- Perform high-level design, specifying system and component performance and interface requirements.
- Translate conceptual designs into technical specifications
- Architecture/topology of software/hardware/networks. Includes WANS/CANS/LANS, telecommunication systems, their components and associated protocols and standards.
- Configuring, managing, and sustaining computer systems.
- Configuring, managing, and sustaining network infrastructure
- Indentifying the types and functions of computer and telecommunications network elements, documenting their intercommunications, and mapping physical and logical target networks by graphing their communications.
- Theory, design, and implementation of network architectures
- Specifications, uses, and types of security hardware and software options.
- The concepts and principles of computer security and vulnerability analysis.
- Using the principles and key elements of Configuration Management to plan, manage, or document the implementation, modification, or integration of systems.
- Applying concepts, principles, theories, and methods for evaluating and testing telecommunications and computer networks.
- Applying concepts, principles, theories, and methods for securing telecommunications and computer networks.
- The concepts, principles, theories, and methods for network connectivity (e.g., routing, switching and IP addressing).
- Maintaining currency on new or emerging technologies
- The concepts, principles and theories of telecommunications, including their components and associated protocols and standards and how they integrate with one another (e.g., transmissions, switching, routing management).
- The implementation of telecommunications systems.
- The operation of telecommunications systems
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree plus 1 year of relevant experience, or a Doctoral degree and no experience.
- Degree must be in Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Technology or related field (e.g., General Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Forensics, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Information Assurance, or Computer Security).
- Relevant experience must be in computer or information systems design/development, programming, information/cyber/network security, vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, computer forensics, information assurance and/or systems engineering. Additionally, must have experience in network or system administration
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.