PTX - Operational Language Analyst III (Farsi) Georgia
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for an Operational Language Analyst III.
The Operational Language Analyst performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Operational Language Analyst shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic language processing skills:
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- lnteragency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in Audio Translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skill level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of ten (10) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- In lieu of the bachelor’s degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of fourteen (14) years' experience.
- At least six (6) of the ten (10) years' experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing.
- At least six (6) of the ten (10) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least three (3) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of ILR level 3 audio translations and/or text translations.
- For no more than three (3) of the required ten (10) years' experience, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- One (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst III:
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower-level tasks and the following tasks constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations, and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English); mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments.
- Performance of following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience: Within Cryptologic Operations: target development; network analysis; drafting intelligence reports; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
Fort Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.