NH - Technical Writer III
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Technical Writer to be responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration, and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents.
- Gather technical information, prepare the written text.
- Maintain a current internal documentation library.
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio, etc.
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals, and technical publications.
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials.
- Work on all phases of documentation.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
- Coordinate layout and design of documents.
- Research highly technical subject matter, organize information from multiple sources and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity.
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources.
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems.
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer-related information.
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies.
- Apply technical manual stand NDA DS-89 to work products.
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract.
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming, and operations documentation, procedures, and methods.
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required.
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical manual NSA Data Standard (DS)-89
Education / Experience:
- Eight (8) years of experience as a TW in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience.
- Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer. Zavda provides the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support to national security missions. Zavda prides itself on its continued professional growth and is always looking for qualified candidates to contribute to this upwards trend. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information on our company!