NH – Network Engineer III
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Network Engineer III to provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks; Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents; Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment; Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components.
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Develops algorithms used in modules or incorporated into models associated with the research and development of technologies and systems.
- Ensures that all material received is inspected for evidence of tampering and, if any is found, submits a report of suspected physical incident immediately
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations.
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC regulations.
- Design, integrate, test, and deploy solutions to established network issues.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
- Coordinate with appropriate dataflow organizations and end-customer recipients, follow-on data repositories and tasking organizations and mitigate potential adverse impacts on system-wide dataflow
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shapping Voice over IP (VOIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec) IP Encryption and Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate
- Coordinate with the system engineering and dataflow efforts to ensure proper mission operations to minimize down time.
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test, and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Applies Network Acceleration techniques such as Riverbed.
- Conducts inventories as directed (e.g., semiannually/annually)
- Reports any known or suspected COMSEC incidents immediately
- Perform configuration, test, deployment, and maintenance to all network equipment.
- Validate new and existing dataflow and data formats,
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers.
- Facilitate the implementation of high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to WAN and LAN design.
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Lead large efforts of dynamic requirements and scale
- Resolve complex network problems, operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment and network simulators
- Assists System engineers and cross organizational teams to define requirements.
- IAT Level 3 Certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.