NH – Data Scientist II
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
Zavda is looking for a Data Scientist II to develop machine learning, data mining, statistical and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of datasets; prototype or consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics; build models or develop experiments to generate data when training or example datasets are unavailable; generate reports and visualizations that summarize datasets and provide data-driven insights to customers; partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics; implement prototype algorithms within production frameworks for integration into analyst workflows.
- Produce data visualizations that provide insight into dataset structure and meaning
- Work with subject matters experts (SMEs) to identify important information in raw data and develop scripts that extract this information from a variety of data formats (e.g., SQL tables, structured metadata, network logs)
- Incorporate SME input into feature vectors suitable for analytic development and testing
- Translate customer qualitative analysis process and goals into quantitative formulations that are coded into software prototypes
- Develop and implement statistical, machine learning, and heuristic techniques to create descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Develop statistical tests to make data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Develop experiments to collect data or models to simulate data when required data are unavailable
- Develop feature vectors for input into machine learning algorithms
- Identify the most appropriate algorithm for a given dataset and tune input and model parameters
- Evaluate and validate the performance of analytics using standard techniques and metrics (e.g. cross validation, ROC curves, confusion matrices)
- Oversee the development of individual analytic efforts and guide team in analytic development process
- Guide analytic development toward solutions that can scale to large datasets
- Partner with software engineers and cloud developers to develop production analytics
- Develop and train machine learning systems based on statistical analysis of data characteristics to support mission automation
- Lead a team of data scientists in the development of multiple analytic efforts
- Work with customers and SMEs to define analytic requirements and guide the team in formulating analytics that meet requirements
- Guide the transition of prototyped analytics to production system
- Understand emerging machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms and guide a team of data scientists in integrating state-of-the-art algorithms into solutions
- Delegate analysis responsibilities to one or more team members and monitor performance
- Experience with analyzing datasets and developing analytics
- Experience programming with data analysis software (i.e. R, Python, SAS, Matlab)
Experience with aggregating data and building queries using Elastic Search or Splunk, Regular Expressions, using machine learning tools to create new models, summarizing large data sets using natural language processing, building predictive models using regression and predictive analysis, Python, Matlab, SQL
Education / Experience:
All experience and education will be in a technical field directly related to the labor category being proposed and all diplomas, GED certificates, and degrees will be from accredited institutions.
- Eleven (11) years minimum experience and a High School Diploma/GED
- Seven (7) years minimum experience and a Bachelor's Degree
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer. Zavda provides the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support to national security missions. Zavda prides itself on its continued professional growth and is always looking for qualified candidates to contribute to this upwards trend. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information on our company!