Configuration Manager - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Configuration Manager to be responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
- Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items.
- Understand basic concepts, and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures.
- Implement hardware and software version control processes, policies, and procedures.
- Understand basic concepts, assist in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing, and integration.
- Assist in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating products build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Utilize configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items.
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing, and integration.
- Develop hardware and software version control processes, policies, and procedures and ensure that they are followed on hardware and software development projects.
- Apply concepts and define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Serve as an advisor to (or non-voting member of) the Government Change Control Board (CCB).
Education / Experience:
- Six (6) years of experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- If assigned to a developmental program, one (1) year of experience using a source code control system for a developmental program of similar scope and complexity is required
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.