System Engineer - Intermediate
Enterprise Tools – Automation Developer – Subject Matter Expert
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer to join our team.
- Participate in, developing process frameworks and services that encompass technology, & process.
- As a Subject Matter Expert, help internal teams accelerate ITSM automation, application development, modernization, and integration through Agile & DevSecOps transformation, cloud-native application design & development, customer & user experience, modern software deployment techniques, test automation frameworks, open-source management solutions, serverless computing and application performance management.
- Working with build and ops teams to automate tasks, integrate ML/AI to provide greater efficiency and reliability across traditional and cloud networks.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of cloud service provider offerings.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Firm knowledge of DoD/IC, Agile, DevOps, and Lean requirements, methodologies, and toolsets, and/or application development platforms.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (ICD 503) and successful experience obtaining Accreditation & Authorization of Agile / DevOps solutions with the DoD and IC environment is highly desired.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required.
- Candidate shall have appropriate certification in compliance with the requirements of the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level II. Security+ or higher cert required upon submission.
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, candidate must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knwledge and experience of Public Cloud
- Knwledge of MaaS
- Understanding f Linux, VM and container environments and utilities
- Strng desire to code, produce clean readable code, good understanding of CI/CD, open-source systems and git repositories required.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Cde (IaC) concepts and scripting languages such as Powershell, Yaml, JSON, Terraform, etc.
- God understanding of change management principles.
- God understanding of security concepts, hardening of network and cloud infrastructure is a big plus.
- Experience with Micrsoft Active Directory, Quest ARS, VMware Automation, and ServiceNow a plus.
- Excellent cmmunication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability t work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability t work collaboratively in a dynamic, unstructured environment is desired; ability to be a self-starter
- Relevant Agile certifications strongly preferred
- Direct supervisory technical staff
- Experience designing and delivering solutions, preferably in a Defense or National Intelligence agency, is preferred
Education / Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in application development and automation functions utilizing Python/Java, Ansible, web services (REST, gRPC, YAML/JSON).
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.