System Engineer - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer to join our team.
- Perform tier-three windows system support within Azure in both NIPR and SIPR networks.
- Responsible for ensuring that Azure instances are built and secured to meet DISA STIG security and mission requirements.
- Construct cloud-based servers work with networking during implementation and rollout; will be responsible for working with Exchange Administrators to configure Office 365 environments.
- Familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement within the cloud.
- Participating in working groups, design reviews, and system tests.
- Work with the Cloud Architect to generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on results and reviews.
- Deploy and configure cloud services according to best practices.
- Use system automation technologies such as chef, puppet, ansible, or others to create standardized IT environments.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Work with Solution Architects to conduct proof of concepts (POCs) and assist in Production implementations.
- Assess existing application stacks and suggest cloud-native services for applicability.
- Assess existing environments for opportunities to simplify, automate, or bring efficiency to technical processes.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, the candidate must have the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 12+ years of experience in Systems Engineering or related
- 3+ years of experience in Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, or administration.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of Microsoft Azure or AWS services and standard, best practice configurations.
- Cloud System Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting, and design skills and must have a strong understanding of cloud networking protocols and best practices.
- 2+ years of experience with cloud automation and scripting.
- 2+ years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- In-depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices.
- Exposure to big data solutions in cloud environments.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Deep knowledge of software deployment, versioning, and release management processes.
- Experience working with and supporting software production server environments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- The candidate shall have appropriate certification in compliance with the requirements of the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level II. Security+ or higher cert required upon submission.
Education / Experience:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.