System Engineer - Intermediate
Automation Tools – Software Developer
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer who is detailed-oriented, resourceful, results-driven, and able to multi-task and prioritize under deadlines. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience managing projects for a wide variety of IT solutions as well as excellent application development and oral communication skills.
- Help internal teams accelerate ITSM automation, application development, modernization, and integration through Agile & DevSecOps transformation, cloud-native application design & development, customer & user experience, modern software deployment techniques, test automation frameworks, open-source management solutions, serverless computing, and application performance management.
- Good understanding of change management principles.
- A good understanding of security concepts, hardening of network and cloud infrastructure is a big plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Quest ARS, VMware Automation, and ServiceNow is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop process frameworks and services that encompass technology.
- Support build and ops teams to automate tasks, integrate ML/AI to provide greater efficiency and reliability across traditional and cloud networks.
- Maintain current knowledge of cloud service provider offerings.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- The candidate shall have appropriate certification in compliance with the requirements of the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Category IAT Level II. Security+ or higher cert required upon submission.
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position. In addition, the candidate must have the following Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ Experience in application development and automation functions utilizing Python/Java, Ansible, web services (REST, gRPC, YAML/JSON)
- Knowledge and experience of Public Cloud: Azure, AWS
- Knowledge of MaaS
- Understanding of Linux, VM, and container environments and utilities.
- Strong desire to code, produce clean readable code, a good understanding of CI/CD, open-source systems, and git repositories required.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) concepts and scripting languages such as Powershell, Yaml, JSON, Terraform.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Firm knowledge of DoD/IC, Agile, DevOps, and Lean requirements, methodologies, and toolsets, and/or application development platforms.
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (ICD 503) and successful experience obtaining Accreditation & Authorization of Agile / DevOps solutions with the DoD and IC environment is highly desired.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, unstructured environment is desired; the ability to be a self-starter
- Relevant Agile certifications are strongly preferred.
- Experience designing and delivering solutions, preferably in a Defense or National Intelligence agency, is preferred
Education / Experience:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.