System Administrator 3
Digital Services - Print Team
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Administrator to join our team.
- Develops technical solutions for the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures. Provides interpretation to systems matters that are moderately complex in nature
- Provides troubleshooting support for system hardware and software issues that are highly complex in scope
- Trains end-users on the proper use of hardware and software. May train large groups of end users
- Performs advanced software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Applies advanced knowledge in monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Provides guidance to less experienced personnel on workstation/server data integrity by implementing standard software and hardware solutions. May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals. May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
- Leads data/media recoverability by following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Conducts advanced to complex hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Ensures that the performance and security of computers meet the needs of network users. Uses extensive independent judgment and is unsupervised. Evaluates and assess existing systems and plan long-term strategies.
- Recognized subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience. Manages large projects with limited oversight from the manager.
- Must meet contract level requirements for appropriate position.
- Experience should include:
- On-call required for 24x7 support - Essential personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor less experienced personnel
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
Education / Experience:
- BA/BS & 2+ years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- IAT Level II, Security + or higher cert required
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Females/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.