To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com
Clearance: US Citizen with active Secret clearance
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Software Developer to design, implement, and support SDN (Software Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Function Virtualization)-based solutions for DoD customers in order to intelligently scale network services, enable rapid deployment of emerging technologies, and provide industry-leading security, performance, and reliability.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Perform technical analysis of customer network and mission needs, produce detailed requirements, and develop solutions to solve key problems which may include COTS and/or custom-developed code.
- Perform full-stack software development as needed including user interface, services, scripting, and database technologies.
- Participate in full life cycle of agile software development including requirements, design, development, test, deployment, and operational sustainment.
- Support DevOps best practices including CI/CD pipelines (e.g. GitLab), build and configuration automation (e.g. Ansible), and security vulnerability assessment (e.g. HP Fortify)
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python
- Experience developing and working with RESTful APIs
- Ability to work in a Linux environment including shell scripting.
- Knowledge of networking domain including OSI model, routing, firewalls, etc.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies such as OpenStack or VMware
- Knowledge of SDN technologies and models - TOSCA, YANG, NETCONF, OpenDaylight
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical disciplines
- Experience working on commercial network automation platform such as Ciena Blue Planet or Cisco NSO (Network Services Orchestrator)
- Experience working with vCPE (virtual CPE) solutions (e.g. AT&T Flexware) for managed services and software-defined WAN
- Experience working with containers and orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes, MANO, NFV
- Telework availability
- Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.