GES - System Engineer II (Application Developer)
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Certification: IAT Level II
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer II.
Role and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience managing projects for a wide variety of IT solutions as well as excellent application development and oral communication skills.
- Help internal teams accelerate ITSM automation, application development, modernization, and integration through Agile & DevSecOps transformation, cloud-native application design & development, customer & user experience, modern software deployment techniques, test automation frameworks, open source management solutions, serverless computing and application performance management.
- Develop process frameworks and services that encompass technology
- Support build and ops teams to automate tasks, integrate ML/AI to provide greater efficiency and reliability across traditional and cloud networks
- Maintain current knowledge of cloud service provider offerings
- Participate in special projects as required
- Assists with creating a variety of models and diagrams that show programmers the software code needed for an application.
- Performs software updates, refinement, testing, and debugging.
- Assists with the documentation of software or system for future maintenance and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Fifteen (15) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of Linux, VM and container environments and utilities
- Strong desire to code, produce clean readable code, good understanding of CI/CD, open source systems and git repositories required
- Good understanding of change management principles
- Good understanding of security concepts, hardening of network and cloud infrastructure is a big plus
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, unstructured environment is desired; ability to be a self-starter
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.