GE - Software Engineer I
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Software Engineer 1 who will plan, conduct, and coordinate software development activities. The software engineer will also design, develop, document, test, and debug software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Additional responsibilities include correcting program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls to ensure software standards are met. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Also applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information captured from system users to develop software.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features and Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Analyzing user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- PostgreSQL database configuration or comparable (setting up systems), Radius, React-JS, Ansible, Tornado Webserver, Ruby on Rails
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university. (Four (4) years of additional Software Engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree).
Ft. Meade, MD
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!