GC – System Administrator II
Apply For This Position: To apply for this position send a Micrsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph preferred, willing to consider candidate with no clearance.
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is currently looking for a System Administrator.
Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX, Linux and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
The Level 2 System Administrator shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide configuration management, implementation, and sustainment of compliance with applicable system security controls.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Implement IAVA security patches and insure patch status is recorded in appropriate systems of record.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX, Linux and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Communicate and coordinate with the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) and Information System Owner (ISO) regarding system changes as part of the Change and Configuration Management Process
- Support the ISO by completing required milestones of Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M)as directed and coordinate completion status with the ISSO to reflect status within the Source System of Record for Security Authorizations
- Ensure IT Assets remain compliant with Identity & Access Control Management (ICAM) policy.
- Provide Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Ten (10) years experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Four (4) years of experience with Service Management (ITSM) is required.
- Two (2) years of experience with ServiceNow platform is required.
- One (1) year experience integrating ServiceNow with other applications is required.
- ServiceNow System Administrator certification is required
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!