GC - Network Engineer III
Apply For This Position: To apply for this position send a Micrsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph preferred, willing to consider candidate with no clearance.
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is currently looking for a Network Engineer.
Performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
The Level 3 Network Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management
- Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information
- Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools
- Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies
- Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components
- Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements
- Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate
- Configure and maintain organization's network diagrams and accreditations
- Oversee the support to all network equipment
- Develop designs of the organization's network and mission architecture to meet new partner requirements
- Manage assigned tasks and provide guidance to junior Network Engineers
- Integrate hardware and software to satisfy ISO 9000 requirements and other DoD/IC
- Resolve complex network problems, operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment and network simulators
- Design modules representing traditional circuit switched networks
- Lead large efforts and installation projects of dynamic requirements and scale
- Develop algorithms for models using networking and/or telecommunications technologies and systems
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline and an additional two (2) years of experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for the Master's degree
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculum is required
- An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level II baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required
- Cisco certification is required
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer that is inclusive to Veterans, Women, Minorities, and Individuals with Disabilities. We pride ourselves on our continued professional growth and are always looking for qualified candidates. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information about our company!