FC - Software Engineer II (Remote)
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team.
The Software Engineer (SWE) develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Experience developing web UIs
- Understanding of HTTP
- Understanding of REST
- Understanding of web authentication and authorization
- Experience with developing software on Linux
- Experience with common dev tooling such as: git, docker, gitlab, ssh, etc
- Participates with the rest of the remote team and can provide remote support
- Bonus: experience with Ruby/Python/Java/Golang/Node backend (we use Golang)
- Bonus: experience with Ruby or Python
- Bonus: experience with casport"
- B.S. Computer Science or related + 8 years SWE experience OR
- H.S. + 12 years SWE experience
- Four (4) years experience writing/maintaining software in Java or GoLang language
- Two (2) year with Spring Framework
- Four (4) years with software development configuration management tools - such as GIT, CVS
- Two (2) year with test harness software such as Junit or FIT
- IAM Level 1 (or higher Certification)
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.