System Engineer - Senior
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB Certified, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a System Engineer to be part of a team that creates solutions for several technologies, Linux, storage, virtualization, and network. This role will analyze the requirements, gather additional requirements, design, plan, and build architectures as needed. This role will serve in a Tier 3/4 troubleshooting capacity as needed.
From a system engineering perspective, this role will work within a team to design and develop solutions; provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Also, develop system architecture and system design documentation. Work with vendors as needed.
- Must have completed and remained current on all Cyberspace Workforce Improvement Program (CWIP) certification requirements
- Level I is required at the start and must obtain Level II within 6 months after start.
- Experience that supports operating as SME and Tier 3/4 in Linux, storage, virtualizations, network, and system engineering
- Strong understanding of UNIX, LINUX platforms
- System engineering experience with Linux, storage, virtualization, network technologies
- Working with product vendors
- System integration/administration experience
- Lab Support
- Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.)
Education / Experience:
- Twenty (20) years of experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.