Software Engineer 2
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Polygraph
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Software Engineer 2 candidate to support a legacy application, which provides command and control of devices and assures site security. The application contains XML and Java, and MongDB.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test result.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. (Note: Five (4) years of additional SWE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.)
- Minimum of IAT Level 1 certification (ie: A+, CCNA-Security, Network+, SSCP)
- Eight years of each of the following:
- Java Application Frameworks (Spring 3 or 4, Hibernate, or other current Java Application Frameworks)
- Object Oriented Computer Languages (JavaSE or JavaEE , C++, etc.)
- REST Application Program Interfaces
- Web development
- Database Management Systems (MySQL, Oracle, PostgresSQL, etc.)
- NoSQL Databases (Lucene, Solr, Mongo, etc.)
- Lucene based applications (Splunk, Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.)
- Linux Development and Administration
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.