Vulnerability Manager - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Vulnerability Manager. Vulnerability management requires preemptive actions to identify, remediate, and mitigate vulnerabilities to prevent exploitation. The VM receives vulnerability input, direction, and guidance from multiple sources and takes directed action to effectively mitigate vulnerabilities to protect networks. Leverages an operational understanding of current vendor remediation’s to prioritize vulnerability escalation procedures and integrates continuous monitoring to ensure mitigations fall within prescribed timelines.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Determine overall Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) priority when threat activity is identified; report incidents that may cause immediate and/or ongoing impact to the environment.
- Monitor and provide periodic system owners vulnerability mitigation completion updates.
- Knowledge of system and application security threats, vulnerabilities, and cyber attackers.
- Monitor external data sources to determine which security issues may have an impact of the enterprise.
- Identify, develop, and determine mitigation or remediation actions for system and network vulnerabilities.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Knowledge of different classes of attacks (e.g., passive, active, insider, close-in, distribution attacks).
- Knowledge of system administration, network, operating system hardening techniques, and the risk management process.
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses and organization’s threat environment.
- Recommend impact/risk assessments to identify systemic security issues based on the analysis of vulnerability and configuration data.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action); recommend mitigations that will have immediate impact to the environment.
- Perform after action reviews of team products to ensure completion of analysis.
- Lead and mentor team members as a technical expert.
Education / Experience:
- Four (4) years of demonstrated experience as a VM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Two (2) years of experience of technical reporting.
- Two (2) years of experience in network and threat analysis.
- A technical bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of VM experience on projects of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1"
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.