Malware Analyst - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Malware Analyst supports clients in solving difficult problems by providing recommendations based on the results of malicious code analysis. Analyze and evaluate malicious code to create technical reports for indicators of compromise and to recommend mitigation and detection actions. Work to continually improve current malware analysis techniques and identify new ways to improve malware identification best practices. Conduct research and training on comprehending emerging malicious code threats.
- Conduct both dynamic and static analysis of suspicious code to establish malicious capability and determine potential impact.
- Experience with host and network monitoring for analysis of malware execution & propagation methodologies.
- Perform analysis on captured data, such as audit, log, network traffic, et cetera, to identify any intrusion-related artifacts.
- Understanding of operating system-specific exploitation vectors.
- Analyze malicious code by employing tools, scripting languages, and leveraging virtual machines/environments.
- Support 24/7 monitoring of malware threats to NSA networks, hosts, mission platforms, and boundaries.
- Generate documentation of vulnerabilities and exploits used by malware in written reports.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Generate technical summary of findings in accordance with established reporting procedures.
- Develop and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Develop signatures, techniques, and rules to identify malware vectors.
- Evaluate emerging threats.
- Correlate data from multiple sources to identify probable threat actors.
Education / Experience:
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in cybersecurity.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience with malware analysis.
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience with tools such as GHIDRA, SYSInternals, FireEye AX, or similar technologies.
- One (1) year of demonstrated experience with development of code in languages such as Python,Lua, C/C++, Ruby or similar.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Analyst baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Requires Global Information Assurances Certification (GIAC) Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) certificate or Certified Reverse Engineering Malware (GREM) certificate.
- Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1".
- Fort Meade, Maryland
- San Antonio, Texas
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.