Data Analyst - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Data Analyst to evaluate diverse sources and formats of data ingested to support National Security Agency (NSA) Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) functions, and the customization and normalizing of that data to enhance mission performance. This position incorporates customer requirements to devise tailored dataset algorithms, workflows, analytics, and visualization solutions enabling cybersecurity evaluation, research, and simulations.
- Analyze and define data requirements and specifications; Anticipate changes in data capacity; assess validity of source data.
- Collect metrics and trending data; Perform sensitivity analysis.
- Read, interpret, write, modify, and execute simple scripts on Windows and UNIX; utilize different programming languages to write code, and to open, read and write files.
- Communicate written and verbal information in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Develop data standards, policies, and procedures; conduct hypothesis testing using statistical processes.
- Document implementation of mathematical, data science, and/or computer science methods.
- Identify common encoding techniques; Assess predictive power and generalizability of a model.
Education / Experience:
- Six (6) years of demonstrated experience as a data analyst in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated experience in cybersecurity activities in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1"
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself on providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.