Continuous Monitoring Program Specialist - Intermediate
Clearance: US Citizen with TS/SCI with Poly
Apply for this position: Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is an SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, and Woman-owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sectors. Zavda is looking for a Continuous Monitoring Program Specialist to monitor information system networks to validate configuration status, using information readily available through automated support tools and implemented security controls, to support organizational risk management decisions. Maintains situational awareness, provides risk impact and makes recommendations to CSSP Watch decision-makers and system owners regarding compliance, cybersecurity posture, enclave and network accesses, hygiene, vulnerability, and unmitigated risks. Consults with configuration managers to compare real-time information system metrics and values with established baselines and controls. Records and reports assessments of scheduled and unscheduled outages and tracks status of information system life-cycle milestones (installation; connectivity; online/offline; removal).
- Validate on0line endpoint devices compliance with security configuration standards using automated tools and software applications.
- Verify asset/device identity using network mapping and system anomaly detection tools.
- Track routine system behavior, hygiene, and maintenance to discern abnormalities which can indicate an event requiring further investigation.
- Maintain a real0time, automated, network inventory to support compliance decisions and cybersecurity (information security) posture verification.
- Provide hygiene status of IT assets (software and/or hardware).
- Confer with operators, system administrators, ISSEs, ISSOs, and system owners to confirm or refute false positives.
- Provide analysis and graphical presentations of collected metrics for compliance status reporting.
- Identify process improvements to current Continuous Monitoring policies and procedures.
Education / Experience:
- Two (2) years of demonstrated experience in any of the following: network analysis, threat analysis software utilization, and/or systems security management.
- Requires DoD 8570 compliance with CSSP Auditor baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or Level III certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. The CE certification requirements can be fulfilled with either Microsoft OS, Cent OS/Red Hat OS CE certifications.
- Requires successful completion of the Splunk software training course "Fundamentals 1"
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individuals with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.