BPUFF - Application Prototype Engineer III
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for an Application Prototype Engineer.
The Application Prototype Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances research prototype application systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, algorithm development, manipulation of data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a research team. Reviews and tests application prototype components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves prototype problem reports. Utilizes development and design methodologies appropriate to the R&D environment. Provides specific input to the prototype components system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuses, use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual application prototype components. Should be familiar with Agile processes and structures.
The Level 3 Application Prototype Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyzes user requirements to derive the prototype design and performance requirements
- Designs and codes new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debugs existing prototype and corrects defects
- Integrates existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develops simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Hands-on knowledge of programming language such as Python, C, Java, Go
- Ability to work on software development team through lean startup methods
- Exposure to software development practices such as GitHub, Agile, Jenkins tools
- Develops or implements algorithms to meet or exceed prototype system performance and functional standards
- Design orimplement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Assists with developing and executing test procedures for prototype components
- Writes or reviews software and system documentation
- Develop research solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as research team lead at the level appropriate to the application prototype development process being used on any particular project. Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance. Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Oversees one or more application prototype development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the prototype development process being used on any particular project and deliver solutions.
- Coordinate system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and development process Standards
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Recommend new technologies and research processes for complex application prototype projects
- May act as an agile process SCRUM Master
- Delegate programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance
- Serve as the technical lead of multiple application prototype development teams
- Select the prototype development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified prototype software.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline and ten (10) or more years of experience in application prototype development.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer. Zavda provides the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support to national security missions. Zavda prides itself on its continued professional growth and is always looking for qualified candidates to contribute to this upwards trend. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team with questions on positions or for more information on our company!