Tier 3 UC Support Technician - Voice Focus
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Tier 3 UC Support Technician-Voice Focus to join the team to be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving advanced system and user issues in a global hybrid Skype for Business deployment and be accountable for all UC- supporting servers, networks, applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support pre-production and production deployment, configuration, testing while ensuring best practices are followed and recommendations communicated.
- Provide detailed technical documentation including solution high/low level design, platform build/configuration, troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
- Work with engineering teams to review current issues to ensure successful support of new solutions and platforms through means of documentation and training.
- Responsible for administering and supporting of the following, but not limited to: Windows Active Directory 2008/2012, Skype for Business end-user support, hardware support and troubleshooting including Cisco and HP hardware and virtualization support / troubleshooting in a VMWare environment.
- Perform system and user analysis to resolve advanced system problems.
- Analyze, monitor, and optimize information technology infrastructure performance.
- Provide input to supervisor for process changes, enterprise system priorities, and team goals.
- Ensure all troubleshooting procedures are documented according to approved standards.
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Apply your customer service and technical expertise to respond to clients on the phone while remotely troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software related problems.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the UC platform.
- Perform IA related customer support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements for the UC platform.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to UC platform systems and equipment.
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, routers, and switches to ensure they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Have the requisite training to operate the UC platform and complete IA Training.
- Maintain positive physical control of the UC platform components within their areas of responsibility.
- Handle and secure the UC platform data according to the appropriate classification level.
- Fault isolation of software and hardware issues for VoIP and network-based systems to determine root cause and corrective action
- Support Voice Messaging Systems and transmission hardware as well as intra campus transmission circuits and termination hardware
- Monitor and analyze applications data and voice network traffic to characterize performance and predict impacts due to network changes
- Provide Tier II & Tier III Support for Existing Customers when required.
- Support of UC Certified Session Boarder controllers (Audiocodes and Ribbon)
- Experience in Voice and Data Platforms
- Working knowledge of Voice and Data Networks (PSTN, SS7, GRR303, H.320, H.323 and SIP protocols
- Wireless, IP)
- Support UC Applications (Voice Call Control, Audio/Video/ Web Conferencing, IM/Presence, CDR, E-911, Voice/Fax and Unified Messaging)
- Safeguard the UC platform from unauthorized transmissions of data (such as sending data without encryption), tampering with the UC platform hardware, or manipulating the resident and application software.
- Maintains an understanding of Information Assurance (IA) policies, current Cybersecurity threats, and incident response reporting procedures to ensure the assets, and the information processed are protected from any actions which could jeopardize the UC platform’s ability to effectively and securely function.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of a range of computer and networking software and hardware systems and related technologies.
- Knowledge of Skype for Business on premise and in the Cloud (Office 365).
- Authorized to work in the US without any sponsorship.
- Basic technical knowledge of Windows Server 2012 to include Active Directory as well as VMWare.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Must be an effective communicator, both orally and written.
- Ability to handle high demands with frequent changes or delays within a team environment.
- Self-motivated to seek opportunities for continuous skills improvement.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization, partnering well with employees, management, users, business areas, vendors, and contractors.
- Ability to manage duties and tasks as assigned without close supervision.
- Possess excellent Customer Service skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience with standard IA concepts, practices, and procedures within the operating environment.
- This position requires the ability to work shifts on a 24*7*365 schedule, including on-call.
- Candidates must be able to work on-site at Federal Agency located in the Vienna, VA, Purcellville, VA, or San Antonio, TX areas
Certifications and Experience
- Meet IAT Level II Certification requirements
- Security+ Certification Required
- Professional level Microsoft Certifications such as MCSA
- 3-5 years’ experience with Office 365
- 3-5 years’ experience configuring and managing Voice applications
- 3-5 years’ experience in Voice Networks
- 3 years’ experience in system administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 OS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
Vienna, VA, Purcellville, VA and San Antonio, TX
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.