Tier 3 UC Support Technician
Apply For this position:
To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Tier 3 UC Support Technician to join the team to be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving advanced system and user issues in a global hybrid Skype for Business deployment and be accountable for all UC- supporting servers, networks, applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support pre-production and production deployment, configuration, testing while ensuring best practices are followed and recommendations communicated.
- Provide detailed technical documentation including solution high/low level design, platform build/configuration, troubleshooting, and operational procedures.
- Work with engineering teams to review current issues to ensure successful support of new solutions and platforms through means of documentation and training.
- Responsible for administering and supporting of the following, but not limited to: Windows Active Directory 2008/2012, Skype for Business end-user support, hardware support and troubleshooting including Cisco and HP hardware and virtualization support / troubleshooting in a Hyper-V environment.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the NE.
- Follow all infrastructure security policies.
- Perform system and user analysis to resolve advanced system problems.
- Analyze, monitor, and optimize information technology infrastructure performance.
- Provide input to supervisor for process change, enterprise system priorities, and team goals.
- Ensure all troubleshooting procedures are documented according to approved standards.
- Monitor and verify backups using HP Data Protector. Troubleshoot and resolve any backup issues.
- Able to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Apply your customer service and technical expertise to respond to clients on the phone while remotely troubleshooting and resolving hardware and software related problems.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the UC platform.
- Perform IA related customer support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements for the UC platform.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to UC platform systems and equipment.
- Configure, optimize, and test network servers, hubs, routers, and switches to ensure they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
- Comply with the security requirements set forth in this Security Plan and applicable directives for the safe and secure operation of the UC SCSS as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Have the requisite training to operate the UC platform and complete IA Training and review and sign the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Maintain positive physical control of the UC platform components within their areas of responsibility.
- Ensure no information higher than the approved program classification level is processed by the UC platform.
- Handle and secure the UC platform data according to the appropriate classification level.
- Safeguard the UC platform from unauthorized transmissions of data (such as sending data without encryption), tampering with the UC platform hardware, or manipulating the resident and application software.
- Report to the ISSM/ISSO or Program Manager any attempt to gain unauthorized access to Unclassified, Sensitive defense information, any failure, or any suspected defect which could lead to unauthorized disclosure of Unclassified, Sensitive information.
- Report suspected (or actual) security violations or practices dangerous to security to the ISSM/ISSO or Security Manager.
- Reviews the Access Control policy.
- Maintains an understanding of Information Assurance (IA) policies, current Cybersecurity threats, and incident response reporting procedures to ensure the assets, and the information processed are protected from any actions which could jeopardize the UC platform’s ability to effectively and securely function.
- Immediately notifies their ISSM/ISSO Personnel if they suspect their passwords or token cards have been compromised.
- Takes DoD insider threat awareness training annually to recognize and report insider threats
- Reports all potential or malicious incidents immediately to the ISSM/ISSO If none of the aforementioned are available users contact the US-CERT (formerly CONUS and South RCERT) immediately.
- Reviews the Media Protection Policy.
- Marks and labels ALL UC media indicating the distribution limitations, handling caveats, and applicable security markings (if any) of the information.
- Reviews the physical security plan.
- Reviews the Security Assessment and Authorization policy 1.10.8.
- Perform other job responsibilities and duties as they are assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of a range of computer and networking software and hardware systems and related technologies.
- Knowledge of Skype for Business on premise and in the Cloud (Office 365).
- Authorized to work in the US without any sponsorship.
- Basic technical knowledge of Windows Server 2012 to include Active Directory as well as Hyper-V and VMWare.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Must be an effective communicator, both orally and written.
- Ability to handle high demands with frequent changes or delays within a team environment.
- Self-motivated to seek opportunities for continuous skills improvement.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a matrix organization, partnering well with employees, management, users, business areas, vendors, and contractors.
- Ability to manage duties and tasks as assigned without close supervision.
- Possess excellent Customer Service skills.
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience with standard IA concepts, practices, and procedures within the operating environment.
- This position requires the ability to work shifts on a 24*7*365 schedule, including on-call.
- Candidates must be able to work on-site at Federal Agency located in the Vienna, VA, Purcellville, VA, or San Antonio, TX areas
Certifications and Experience
- Meet IAT Level II Certification requirements
- Security+ Certification Required
- Professional level Microsoft Certifications such as MCSA
- 3+ years of related experience with Office 365
- 3+ years of related experience in Network and Security
- 3+ years of related experience in system administration of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 OS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
Vienna, VA, Purcellville, VA and San Antonio, TX
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.