Clearance: US Citizen with active Secret clearance
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a mid to senior VoIP/PSTN_SBC Integration Engineer to be part of an integrated project team (IPT) to design, integrate, and implement a hybrid cloud/on-prem Skype for Business UC solution for the US Army. The VoIP/PSTN Integration Engineer provides expertise in the integration of cloud based and on-prem VoIP services with Ribbon/Sonus SBCs as PSTN gateways in both secure and non-secure environments
During the Design Phase, the VoIP/PSTN Integration Engineer will review and analyze the Architecture and Design provided by the UC Architect team, assist with developing Detailed Design and Testing documentation, and is responsible for testing in the Lab environment. During the Integration Phase, the VoIP/PSTN Integration Engineer will work to stage the equipment and install it at the Data Centers, perform the user onboarding and user troubleshooting process, and work with engineers at the Customer locations to assist with integration required for local devices as needed to work with Skype for Business. The VoIP/PSTN Integration Engineer will work to ensure that the Site Readiness and Cutover milestones are met. They further schedule and coordinate lifecycle configuration changes and service patches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on experience in administration of Enterprise grade Ribbon/Sonus SBCs
- Mid to senior level knowledge to handle troubleshooting of complex PSTN issues involving Ribbon/Sonus SBCs.
- Fault isolate software and hardware issues for VoIP and network-based systems integrated with Skype for Business 2015 premises server to determine root cause and corrective action
- Provide high level advice and direction for the integration of legacy voice systems with cloud and hardware-based VoIP solutions
- Create documentation for the integration, installation, and implementation of VoIP services
- Perform tuning tasks associated with VoIP and Network infrastructure ensuring Skype for Business application reliability in a local and wide area environment
- Provide expertise in voice QOS, Network Monitoring and Management solutions relating to Skype for Business
- Provide expertise in upgrading and replacing legacy PBXs with VoIP solutions
- Provide expertise in the integration of network devices to include switches, routers, voice gateways, and session border controllers.
- Lead the planning of incremental improvements, implementation, and maintenance of the enterprise voice network
- Integrate Skype for Business IM/Chat with Voice System for status and UC Collaboration needs
- Setup, Configuration and support of SIP and TDM trunks and clients
- Support Voice Messaging Systems and transmission hardware as well as intra campus transmission circuits and termination hardware
- Provide Project Management for site upgrades, local and remote system installations
- Monitor and analyze applications data and voice network traffic to characterize performance and predict impacts due to network changes
- Provide communications technology consulting expertise
- Provide high level engineering and integration expertise for VoIP, Voice messaging, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, and other UC services related to Skype for Business.
- Support the design, test, and integration initiatives for US Army UC services
- Perform specific site and core system tests including installation test, deployment tests, functional test, and production release test and finally, acceptance testing for customer signoff
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Expert in the integration of VoIP and legacy voice services with Skype for Business server 2015
- Experience configuring network devices such as switches, routers, voice gateways, and session border controllers
- Knowledge of SIP signaling related to Next Gen 9-1-1 call delivery
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN, MPLS and general network theory required
- 6+ years industry experience in large scale UC and network transformation architecture, design and implementation of Skype for Business server
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Desired Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Experience with UC services including Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, desktop sharing and Fixed-Mobile Convergence
- Experienced working with Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol XMPP
- Possess one of the following certifications: MCITP; MCSA; MCSE; MCSA; MCTS
- ITIL V3 Foundations is desired
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.
To apply for this position send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com