Application Engineer IV
Clearance: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for an Application Engineer IV who will be joining the Infrastructure Services team. This fast-paced, highly skilled team utilizes cutting edge cloud computing technologies. The candidate will be utilizing AWS cloud technologies to build out the architecture to host product teams cloud applications. The candidate will build out and maintain the core infrastructure for the customer and be responsible for provisioning and configuring large clusters of servers. It is critical to have good communication and interpersonal skills to have the ability to work collaboratively with external groups and the software development team.
- In depth knowledge and experience with Linux systems including management of CentOS and Red Hat.
- Knowledge of AWS and its applications including EC2, S3, AWS CLI, ECE, EBS, etc.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker.
- Configuration Management tools i.e., Salt, Ansible, etc.
- Ability to quickly learn how to deploy, customize, and maintain open-source software.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate solutions.
- Ability to modify systems to meet new security requirements including STIG and STE requirements.
- Knowledge of PKI certificate generation and management.
- Ability to participate in setting strategic direction for system architecture.
- Maintain system documentation, SSPs, and SOPs.
- Ability to remediate IAVAs and handle patch management.
- Network flow data (netflow, sflow, bro, etc.) subject matter experience.
- Network administration background (firewall experience a plus).
- Experience with NoSQL databases & Elastic Stack as well as AWS ECE.
- Good technical infrastructure design skills.
- Must have 6 years of experience in relevance to Application Engineering
- Master’s Degree or higher is required or the equivalence which is a High School Diploma/GED and 9 Years, Associate’s Degree and 7 Years, Master’s Degree and 3 Years, or Doctorate and 1 Year
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.