Systems Engineer - Senior
To apply for this position, send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Clearance: TS/SCI with polygraph
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to serve as the Technical Lead in support of the Capabilities Directorate’s 24/7 Operations Center for Enterprise-wide security monitoring and incident management for the customer’s global Information Technology Infrastructure.
• Shall have twenty (20) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers
• As a Technical lead, responsible for the critical review of, and providing recommendations on, networks or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
• As Lead, be responsible for the architectural design, deployment and documentation of new network requirements and changes to current network configurations.
• Oversee a major network architecture upgrade to include white-paper design, deployment, and configuration of devices.
• Provide fault analysis, isolation and correction, configuration, and upgrades of network devices to include Cisco Routers, Firewalls, and Switches.
• Provide support for customer networks involving cross-domain solutions, including VPNs, one-way data transfers, unclassified mission related infrastructures, and Taclane 175 encryption devices. Specific configurations include routing using MPLS/VPLS, OSPF, EIGRP at the Core and Distribution devices and switching at the Access devices.
• Experience in reverse engineering systems to detail the required system specifications, external interfaces, and environmental requirements.
• Build systems and networks that would support the system and integrate it into the customer infrastructure.
• Provides recommendations and critical reviews of network or network service design, maintenance, and implementation, including operational considerations based on customer requirements, operational experience, and technical knowledge.
• Provides daily oversight and guidance in managing operational matters and mentoring entry level engineers in all aspects of networking
• Configure and troubleshoot Cisco catalyst switches (Spanning Tree, Port Security, VTP, Ether channels, VLANs)
• Configure and troubleshoot Cisco ASR routers (including HSRP, OSPF, BGP, route-map)
• Configure/Troubleshoot Cisco ASA firewalls
• Configuring and troubleshooting BIND, DHCP, and DNS servers
• Configure and troubleshoot HTTP / SSL / TLS based issues
• Troubleshoot ACL/NAT issue on ASAs
• Create router/switches templates for network standardization
• Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
• Use of Linux network troubleshooting tools to solve complex network issues (tcpdump, ssldump, curl, wget, mtr, tcp traceroute, nmap, openssl, tshark)
• Develop bash and/or python scripts, utilities and tools used for network troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot various DNS, SMTP, IP routing, latency, and connectivity issues
• Implement TCP/IP & related services-DHCP/DNS
• Install/Upgrade Cisco Switches and Firewalls (ASA) IOS using TFTP
• Implement SSH/RADIUS authentication on Cisco Hardware
• Troubleshoot network problems using Protocol Analyzers
• Maintain all LAN/WAN connectivity
• Document network problems and resolution for future reference
• Oversee software and network security
• Tier 3, On-call/after-hours support
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.