System Administrator - Intermediate
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a System Administrator to join the team to perform daily task of all virtual environments to include building new virtual machines, updating DNS and troubleshooting system problems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full life cycle system/software engineering to include requirements derivation, requirements analysis, hardware knowledge, metrics creation and analysis, systems architecture, and experience with integration and test.
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and operation of computer systems and servers. Ensure that uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers/servers/systems meet user requirements
- Be able to acquire, install, and/or upgrade computer components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train or supervise staff; or offer technical support for projects
- Responsible for automating system or application configuration with various configuration management tools
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis.
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
- Network engineering experience and a firm understanding of information assurance and security
- Must have strong communication skills, briefing experience, familiarity with dynamic resource allocation
- Knowledge of operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting, knowledge of the purposes for which people in the organization use the computers
- Be on call when a system goes down or malfunctions and be able to quickly and correctly diagnose the issue and how best to fix it. Need to have teamwork and communication skills; as well as being able to install and configure hardware and software
- Must understand the behavior of software in order to deploy it and to troubleshoot problems, and generally know several programming languages used for scripting or automation of routine tasks
- Must have a strong grasp of computer security. This includes not only deploying software patches, but also preventing break-ins and other security problems with preventive measures
- COTS/GOTS; specifically: LINUX, KVM, OPENSTACK (compute, Cinder, Neutron) or similar virtualization technology
- Big storage – GPFS, Lustre
- Perl/Python/Shel scripting experience
- Networking – subnetting, routing
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Configuring, adding, and deleting file systems
- Plan and managing the data center environment
- Ensuring uniformity between development, test and production environments
- Troubleshooting any reported problems
- System performance tuning
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords
- Ability to answer technical queries and assist users
- Documenting the configuration of the system
- Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
- Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.