Mission Engineer - Intermediate
Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Mission Engineer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and train analyst and end users turn volumes of big data into valuable and actionable intelligence
- Apply statistics and analytic approaches to solve critical Intelligence Community problems
- Mission Engineers are expected to interpret and articulately deliver the results of their findings
- Responsible for performing the detection, acquisition and geolocation of signals of interest
- Individuals will analyze electronic signals intelligence data from airborne, ground-based, and national collectors
- Provide subject matter expertise on assigned mission sets, analytic processes and applications, databases, and electronic warfare methodologies to enable SIGINT collection, processing, production, and dissemination
- Design and participate in structural programs aimed at instructing ELINT capabilities (OPELINT and TECHELINT) including associated weapons, weapons related equipment, weapons delivery systems, tactics, and weapons employment
- Draft and edit technical documentation including system descriptions, operator handbooks, training manuals, etc.
- Assist in developing requirements for updates of mission databases in line with assessed and validated threat parameter changes
- Shall have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis
- Minimum of (7) years of experience with ELINT / SIGINT Analysis/Operations
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
- Understanding of basic programming, with an ability to design new algorithms, handle big data, have an in-depth domain knowledge, perform data engineering required to assist Software Developers in the development of new data sources and storage
- Requires an understanding of traditional and new data analysis methods to build statistical models or discover patterns in data
- Experience working with diverse datasets of different sizes and forms, be able to build and run queries on large data effectively and efficiently
- Must have a thorough understanding of the pre-mission analysis and post-mission tasks necessary for conducting successful ELINT / SIGINT missions
- Have a working knowledge of ELINT tools and databases such as ASPEN, MARTES and CBET and of basic UNIX scripts (copy, move, open, read, etc.)
- Strong technical and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technical and intelligence issues to a wide audience
- Additional responsibilities may include mission supervision and/or limited system troubleshooting
- Experience with developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
- Experience with preparing detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
- Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
- Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
- Graduate of SIGE-3810
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.