Database Engineer - Senior
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Database Engineer.
- Support Database Design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flows and analysis activities
- Employ long and short-term database admin and design requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate system improvements, optimization, development and maintenance efforts.
- Translate requirements and data into usable DB schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, procedures, functions and packages.
- Create, execute and monitor activities to support data retention, purges and security policies.
- Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
- Shall have twenty (20) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
- Shall have twelve (12) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Shall have ten (10) years experience developing, delivering testing a supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 or NSA way Process structure.
- Shall have eight (8) years experience providing technical direction for the development engineering, integration and testing of complex hardware/software systems
- Shall have seven (7) years experience developing documentation required in support of both technical and training requirements.
- Shall have seven (7) years experience in developing system architecture and design including:
- Interface requirements
- Shall have five (5) years experience in developing strategic and implementation plans for large-scale information systems. (Large scale information system is defined as having at least one of the following characteristics: Over 1,000 users; Over 100 sensors; Over 1000 entities in the information model as represented by an Entity Relationship diagram or UML; Over 20 distinct physical subsystems.)
- Shall have four (4) years experience in reverse engineering and re-engineering; leading system definition, trade-off and design activities; leading analysis of system requirements and components; performing system audits to ensure intended system functionality, operation and performance requirements are achieved; system performance analysis; and planning the next generation system.
- Experience providing engineering support for Oracle relational DB’s (RDBMS)
- Experience with back-ups, restores and recovery using Oracle RMAN and NetBackup utilities.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with distributed and virtual computing architecture knowledge.
- Schell scripting languages, crontab for both Solaris and Linux O/S.
- Tuning and troubleshooting DB issues.
- Strong PL/SQL trigger, procedures functions and package knowledge
- Oracle Advance Replication and partitioning
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise edition 11 and 12, Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13.2 Oracle Fusion Middleware Web Utilities 220.127.116.11 and Oracle Wallet Manager
- Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
- Experience in Agile methods is desired.
- Oracle Text indexes
- Knowledge of Security scan and reporting tools
Education / Experience:
- Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management, etc.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.