Skype for Business Engineer
Apply for this position:
Send a Microsoft Word copy of your resume to: HR@zavda.com
Zavda was founded in 2006 and is a SDB certified, Service Disabled Veteran owned, and Woman owned small business that offers leading IT management, Intel, and Cyber opportunities in both the private and public sector. Zavda is looking for a Skype for Business Engineer candidate to execute the installation and configuration of the Skype for Business solution. Included is the designing, planning, engineering, and integration of Unified Capabilities including Voice, Voice Messaging, Video, Web conferencing, and Microsoft Skype for Business collaboration tools. This role also includes planning for the integration of new software & hardware into the network. The SfB Engineer executes the design of the solution. During the Design Phase, the UC Integration Engineer will review and analyze the Architecture and Design provided by the UC Architect team, assist with developing Detailed Design and Testing documentation, and is responsible for testing in the Lab environment. During the Integration Phase, the Engineer will work to stage the equipment and install it at the Data Centers, perform the user onboarding and user troubleshooting process, and work with engineers at the Customer locations to assist with integration required for local devices as needed.
The Engineer is a member of an integrated project team (IPT) to integrate a SIPRnet based On-prem UC solution for the US Army. They will assist in integrating ECVoIP, a managed secure voice capability utilizing both the SIPRNET and VoSIP architectures. The UC Integration Engineer will work to ensure that the Site Readiness and Cutover milestones are met. The UC Integration Engineer will schedule and coordinate lifecycle configuration changes, including configuration changes and service patches.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high level engineering and integration expertise for VoIP, Voice messaging, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, and other UC services
- Support the design, test, and integration initiatives for US Army UC services
- Provide hands-on implementation, configuration and troubleshooting of Skype for business solution, spanning across multiple datacenters and geographical locations globally.
- Perform specific site and core system tests including installation test, deployment tests, functional test, and production release test and finally, acceptance testing for customer signoff
- Provide expert-level troubleshooting and configuration for multiple technologies associated with unified communications product and services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and its integration capabilities with Skype for Business.
- Work to resolve any escalation issues from the NOC
- Expert in UC services, including VoIP-PSTN integration, Video, Web conferencing, Chat, Presence, desktop sharing and Fixed-Mobile Convergence
- Deep knowledge of Skype for business
- Hands-on experience in UC and network transformation in a large-scale production environment
- Experienced working with Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol XMPP
- 6+ years industry experience in large scale UC and network transformation architecture, design and implementation encompassing all facets of IP and UC services
- DoD Baseline 8570 IAT II Certification (ie-CCNA-Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Desired: Preferred Experience:
- Strategic IT Consulting experience desired
- Specific Infrastructure experience and certifications a Plus
- Work onsite in Fayetteville, NC as required, with occasional travel to Purcellville, VA.
Zavda is a small business and an equal opportunity employer- Veteran/Female/Minorities/Individual with Disabilities. With Zavda you have the opportunity to provide dependable solutions and support that with benefit the national security missions. Zavda prides itself to providing continual professional growth and success for the Zavda Team.